Monday, December 7, 2020
Statement No. 1
The run-off will be held throughout the 7th and 8th of December 2020, where the followers of the Egyptian Coalition for Human Rights and Development begin today to follow the run-off of the governorates of the second phase of the elections of the parliament 2020 in the governorates of (Cairo, Qalyubia, Daqahliya, Manufiya, Al-Gharbiya, Ash Sharkiya, Kafr Al-Sheikh, Damietta, Port Said, Suez, Ismailia, South Sinai and North Sinai).
It is worth mentioning that:
• The second phase voting process took place in (13) governorates distributed over (72) constituencies allocated (141) seats by individual voting system and (142) seats under the closed list system.
- The first round was decided by 41 of the 142 individual seats and (101) seats will be held in the run-off elections between 202 candidates on December 5, 6 and 7 abroad, and December 7-8 locally.
- This is the fourth and final round in which (202) candidates are competing for the remaining (101) seats in the 2020 Parliament after the National Assembly announced the victory of 467 candidates in the past three rounds of the total number of seats allocated to the Parliament of 568 seats by direct secret ballot in addition to 5% of the total seats appointed by the President of the Republic
• Also, of the (72) constituencies in the second phase, the elections were decided by winning in (20) constituencies divided between (4) governorates (27.8%).
The seats were decided in 4 governorates are Cairo, Qalyubia, Port Said and South Sinai, where Cairo held 19 constituencies with a total of 31 individual seats, 13 of which were decided by 24 seats and 7 seats remain distributed as follows: one seat in Zaytoun, one seat in Hadaeq Al Qubbah, one seat in Nasr City 1, one seat in Al Marj, one seat in Al-Basatin and two seats in Helwan allocated to it by the individual system. In Qalyubia governorate, there are 6 constituencies with a total of 16 individual seats. 5 constituencies have been decided and one seat remains out of three seats allocated to Qalyoub constituency. Port Said governorate has two constituencies with a total of two individual seats, one constituency has been decided, namely Al-Zohour constituency, and one seat remains in Burfwad constituency. In South Sinai governorate, there are two constituencies with a total of two individual seats, one of which has been decided in the first constituency of Sharm el-Sheikh and one seat remains in the constituency of Al-Tur.
• The turnout in the second phase of the 2020 parliamentary elections (29.5%) was (9,289,199) voters out of a total of (31,480,127) voters.