Today, Monday, 20 November 2023, the Egyptian Coalition for Human Rights and Development issues the seventh presidential elections report, which monitors the decisions of the National Elections Authority related to electoral campaigns for the 2024 presidential elections, as well as monitoring the propaganda campaigns of candidates for the 2024 presidential elections: during the period from 9 to 16 November 2023.
The report monitored:
• (27) electoral conferences for the candidate Mr. Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi in different governorates, two electoral conferences for the candidate Mr. Farid Zahran and two electoral conferences for Mr. Abdel Sanad Yamama, while no electoral conference was monitored for Mr. Hazem Omar.
• About (12) visits were also monitored by Mr. Abdel Fattah El-Sisi to delegations and entities of partisan, trade union, youth, and public figures, and two visits to Mr. Farid Zahran and a visit to Mr. Abdel Sanad Yamama, and no visits were monitored to Mr. Hazem Omar.
Concerning media meetings:
• About (11) meetings were monitored for the campaign of Mr. Abdel Sanad Yamama, 7 meetings for the campaign of Mr. Hazem Omar, and 2 meetings for the campaign of Mr. Farid Zahran, and no media interviews were monitored for the campaign of Mr. Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi.
• In addition, two organizational meetings were monitored for Mr. Hazem Omar’s campaign, an organizational meeting for Mr. Abdel Fattah El-Sisi’s campaign, and an organizational meeting for Mr. Farid Zahran’s campaign.
Regarding advertising banners,
• Hanging electoral propaganda banners for Al-Sisi, in huge size, in the streets and squares of Qalyubia Governorate, Shubra Banha Free Road, Cairo-Alexandria Agricultural Road, Al-Assar Axis Road in Shubra Al-Kheima, as well as the main transit axis, in addition to the squares and streets of the Governorate. Moreover, hanging these banners on the Alexandria Corniche, and the main roads, including the Army Road known as the Corniche, Saad Zaghloul, Abu Qir, and the Suez Canal, as well as the main and subsidiary axes and squares of the candidate Mr. Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi.
• Spreading the pictures of presidential candidate Farid Zahran in some governorates of the Republic with the start of electoral campaigning, beside the spread of advertising banners for the presidential candidate in Beni Suef Governorate
• Spreading the pictures of presidential candidate Hazem Omar in Kafr El-Sheikh governorate and the squares of Damietta governorate, as well as Qalyubia and Dakahlia.
The report also monitored that the United Media Services Company granted each presidential candidate “100 advertising minutes” equally by all means, under the principle of equal opportunities to encourage fair competition that benefits the country, provided that these ads are completely free of charge from the company and that their content is under the controls and standards set by the National Elections Authority.
The report concluded with the following analysis:
• Mr. Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi’s campaign is a campaign that holds mass conferences and meetings with delegations and entities of the partisan, trade union, youth, public figures, visits, and least in media appearances. Therefore, The campaign of candidate Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has the most potential, equipment, and popular support from many parties
• The campaign of Mr. Abdul Sanad Yamama is the most prominent in the media, followed by Mr. Hazem Omar
• Competition between the four candidates has been heated since the first day of campaigning
• There is interest by the various visual and journalistic media in highlighting the presidential election candidates and covering their news and opinions on various internal and international issues of interest to the Egyptian citizen
• The situation in the Palestinian territories dominates the campaigns of the four presidential candidates
• The publicity campaigns of the candidates are still in their infancy and it is expected to increase the activities of the campaigns in the coming period.